Welfare Benefits Advice
Lambeth Law Centre provides advice on welfare benefits issues including helping you to work out what benefitis you are entitled to, challenging decisions on benefits and helping you to maximise income. In some cases we provide representation and advocacy. We also work to change policy and practice locally and nationally.
We don’t generally help with form-filling but our team provides expert advice and casework on a variety of issues that often concern benefit claimants, including:
- What benefits or tax credits are available
- How to make a claim
- What to do if circumstances change
- What evidence is needed to make a claim
- Overpayment of benefit
- How to appeal a decision
- How to prepare for tribunal hearing
One Lambeth Advice
The best way to access our services is through One Lambeth Advice. This is a centralised system which runs throughout Lambeth in order to ensure that you get the most suitable advice. The process is very simple;
- Contact One Lambeth Advice either by telephone (0800 254 0298) or through their online enquiry form here.
- They will either offer you advice themselves or may direct you to another advice serivce within Lambeth. This might be the Lambeth Law Centre, the Brixton Advice Centre, Centre 70 or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- You will then be given an appointment through one of these services in order to help you with your enquiry
We also still run drop-in sessions for Welfare Benefits, Debt and Housing on Wednesday afternoons from 2-4pm. We see people on a first come first served basis. If we are unable to see you that day you will be advised to contact One Lambeth Advice for further assistance.