Lambeth Law Centre helps and advises tenants with matters involving homelessness, allocations, possession proceedings, rent arrears, transfers and waiting list applications. We also advise on security of tenure and disrepair matters.
We run the duty scheme at Lambeth County Court advising residents from Lambeth on possession hearings.
Please note that we do not advise landlords (due to conflict of interest considerations) and unfortunately do not have the resources to provide advice to leaseholders.
The Law Centre helps and advises on housing issues including:
- Problems paying my rent
- Notices seeking possession
- Court summonses
- Defending possession proceedings
- Threats of eviction
- Bailliffs’ warrants for eviction
- Council refusing to house
- Council ending temporary accommodation
- Waiting or transfer lists
- Damp and disrepair
- Withheld deposits
In cases of emergency such as an imminent eviction date you can attend our Wednesday Drop-In session from 2pm. This is a first come first served session and we are limited to the first five people.
Alternatively, please use our advice contact form.
You will also be able to access housing advice services through the One Lambeth Advice system. This is a centralised service which operates throughout Lambeth in association with other advice organisations. The process is very simple;
- Initially you have to contact One Lambeth Advice, either by telephone (0800 254 0298), or through their online contact form here.
- You will then either receive advice directly or you will be directed towards one of the advice centres in Lambeth. This may be the Lambeth Law Centre , the Brixton Advice Centre, Centre 70 or the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- You will then have an appointment with one of these services during which a solution to your enquiry will be discussed.